Stay Away from Indoctrination and Dogma

"As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming;" (Ephesians 4:14 NASB).

Friday, July 5, 2013

PRAISE: He is an On-Time God, Even in the Storms of Life!



Sometimes people lose faith in God and wonder what He is doing. It is o.k. to question the Lord, and to even have a trantrum at times, because just like our human fathers, God understands!

What is He doing when we think He is not listening or answering our prayers? I would like for you to consider that just like the poem, Footprints, God is carrying us through the tough times of our life when we think He has abandoned us.

It is my responsibility to give you my personal testimony and tell you that during those times in my life when I suffered the most, was because I walked away from God, He did not abandon me.

I was a prodigal son for numerous years, and put myself in some scary situations, where I should have died numerous times, but the Lord kept His hand upon my life and delivered me over and over. Why? Today, I believe it is because He knew that I would come back to Him, repent for my self will run riot and hedonist ways, and serve Him by serving others.

What God wants from us is for us to acknowledge Him not just on Sundays, but everyday of our lives. The Lord wants us to rely on Him, and to realize that we are nothing without Him.


Mark 8:34-36 (NLT)
34 "Then, calling the crowd to join his disciples, he said, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me. 35 If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake and for the sake of the Good News, you will save it. 
36 And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul?[a]

Footnotes:
8:36 Or your self? also in 8:37.

Now, let me address those of us who think that we are Spiritually mature and have great faith---perhaps even more than the rest.

First of all, those of us who have been in church for most of our lives and who pray everyday and who try to live right, are no more loved than those who are spiritually lost, confused or "newbies" to the Christian lifestyle.


Matthew 20:1-16 (NIV)

The Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard


20 “For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire workers for his vineyard. 
2 He agreed to pay them a denarius[a] for the day and sent them into his vineyard.

9 “The workers who were hired about five in the afternoon came and each received a denarius. 10 So when those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius. 11 When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner. 12 ‘These who were hired last worked only one hour,’ they said, ‘and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work 
and the heat of the day.’

13 “But he answered one of them, ‘I am not being unfair to you, friend. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? 14 Take your pay and go. I want to give the one who was hired last the same as I gave you. 15 Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’

16 “So the last will be first, and the first will be last.”

Footnotes:
Matthew 20:2 A denarius was the usual daily wage of a day laborer.

I am inspired by the Holy Spirit to tell you that blogging not only allows me to share my testimony, it also strengthens my individual faith. As I record how God has worked in my life, it allows me to look back and learn more from each lesson. Moreover, the living Word of God, the Holy Bible, becomes more alive and applicable to me.

My friends, just because the Lord has given me experience, wisdom, knowledge and deliverance from the occult, sexual immorality, secret societies, clandestine and underworld activities, I am not better than you...

In fact, I consider myself the least worthy, like the Apostle Paul, to call myself a disciple of Jesus Christ.

But God, but God, but the grace of God!!! Remember that Jesus did not call the righteous, He called the lowly of the world to be His followers...Men of reprobate actions and conversation.

I also need to tell you that despite having been inspired to write Christian apologetics since July 4, 2009 (the founding date of www.xpknights.net), I still sometimes get shaky in my faith.

For over a month, I prayed, meditated and had a fleeting measure of faith that the Lord was going to come through and allow me to take my three daughters camping for 5 days this holiday.

My number one concern was being able to go to print on my secular community magazine and pay the printer, freelance writers, delivery personnel and have cash flow for the month. I also knew that I would have my personal bills and cost of living, and did not know where I was going to find the funds to rent a car and going camping.

I said, "Lord, if I am to spend this quality time with my daughters, you are going to have to work it all out."

I was due a check from a client since April 2013, and another one was overdue. On July 1, 2013, I found out that one of the clients was going to overnight me their check to arrive on July 2nd. Therefore I would have one (1) day to get the check in the bank and have it clear before leaving on July 3rd.

On July 2nd, I missed the UPS delivery, because I had a meeting out of the office. When I called UPS, they told me that I could not pick up the package with the check until 8:30 at night. I could not believe it and started having a tantrum. I said, "God what are you doing, teasing me, how am I going to be able to leave on July 3rd as I promised my daughters, if I don't put that check in the bank?" You see in my business, I pay my printer before the work on the job and print the magazine. If I did not have that check clear, there would be no way for the publication to get printed and out on time.

Finally, I prayed and told the Lord that I was going to trust Him.
I had to go see a client that afternoon at 3:30 p.m. When I got out of my friend's car and starting walking to the client's business, a UPS truck turned onto the street. I said out loud, "No way God!"

I waved down the UPS truck and sure enough the driver was the same delivery guy that I had missed at 9:58 a.m. that morning. WHAT IS THE CHANCE THAT I WOULD RUN INTO THE SAME UPS TRUCK RETURNING TO MY TOWN?

The driver told me that he had my package and had me sign for it on the street. He did not have to stop for me or even allow me to get my package until either that night or wait for delivery the next day. I asked the driver if he believed in God, and he said yes. I then told him that it was a modern miracle that I just happened to be walking down the street at the time he was making a delivery elsewhere in my town (several hours later).

My friend, who was driving, was just as amazed as me, and we praised the Lord together. I was able to make the deposit on time.


The Lord is always an On-time God



The next morning, before I left with my daughters, I went to the Post Office box for my publishing business, and there was the check from my other client that was due since April 2013.

I am right now sitting in a Dunkin Donuts in the Catskill Mountains of New York, writing this post, as my three daughters check their E-mails and download music. These three girls know the story and how amazing and On-time God is in our lives.

I love when I can share how God works in the good times and even in the storms of our lives. My daughters have witnessed first hand the occult, mysteries, clandestine activities and the paranormal. But it is even more awesome, when they can witness God lavishing His blessings upon our life.


Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)


11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, 
plans to give you hope and a future."

Praise God in the storms, because He will carry you through the toughest times in your life. Praise Him in the good times, and worship Him simply because He is the Creator.

He is a loving and caring Father, who sometimes says, "No," but even then, we can trust that when He shuts one door, He opens another. We are meant to worship God; to fellowship with one another; to imitate Christ to the best of our ability as disciples, to be involved in church ministry in some respect and to have a mission to tell others about the love of God and Jesus.

Well, we are off to go back to camping, swimming, hiking, barbecuing, bike riding, bon fires, and enjoying God's beautiful creation in the Catskill Mountains.

PRAISE GOD, and have an awesome holiday and summer!

In Christ,

Brother Johnson, XU





No comments: