Stay Away from Indoctrination and Dogma

"As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming;" (Ephesians 4:14 NASB).

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Evangelize: Rightly Divide the Word of Truth


The Apostle Paul was far less than perfect even after his conversion to Christianity, and his critics tried to use his character defects against him. Paul constantly defended his ministry and bold writing, because he knew that Christ had called him to preach to the Gentiles, intellectuals, other evangelists and government rulers. Paul knew he was not perfected, and he admitted his shortcomings and weakness of the flesh.


2 Corinthians 12:1-10 (NIV)
Paul’s Vision and His Thorn
12 "I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord. 2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. 3 And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— 4 was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell. 5 I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses. 6 Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say, 7 or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

The Holy Spirit inspired me to share the message that you too do not need to be perfect to take a Stand for God's Word. Never feel disqualified or afraid to speak the Truth.

The devil and his cohorts' number one trick is to make Christians feel ashamed to speak out against such things as sexual immorality and ungodliness in society. "Political Correctness" is a propaganda program and 'hush word.'


2 Timothy 4:1-5 (NIV)
4 "In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: 2 Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. 3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5 But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry."

Closing our eyes and putting our head in the sand to avoid speaking out against sexual immorality and ungodliness in society, is the same thing as denying Christ and God's law.


Recently, my fifteen year old daughter told me that she is dating a 19 year old woman. I was dismayed at this news, and felt that the older girl is a sexual predator. However I have nothing but unconditional love for my daughter, and know that God does not want robots---He wants us to choose to obey His statutes or not. In spending time with my daughter and having love and tolerance for her and her girlfriend, I HAD found a gentle way to rightly divide God's Word of Truth without giving them Romans 1:17-32 to read

Nevertheless it is my responsibility as a father and Christian to suggest to my daughter, who professes to be a Christian, that she read Romans 1:17-32 and allow the Holy Spirit to speak to her heart. To do anything else would be to deny Christ and God's Word. This week, I had the opportunity to read Romans 1:17-32 while having a private dinner with my daughter. 

Once we started eating, I told my daughter that I will always love her---even if she becomes an ax murderer, and that I would...


HATE THE SIN, NOT THE SINNER!

I then asked her if I could read something to her from the Holy Bible for her to consider. She at first said, "can we please put that away" referring to the Bible. But then she was curious and allowed me to read to her from God's Word. 

I read Romans 1:17-32 to my middle child, and clarified to her that verse 24 was NOT saying God abandoned people, but rather He left people to their own Free Will.


Romans 1:24 (NIV) 

"Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another."   

Second Timothy 4:2 instructs us to share the Truth of God's Word whether the timing is comfortable or not for people to receive instruction from the Holy Bible. 

I have already shared with my daughter my own personal experience of experimenting with homosexuality when I was a teenager---the shame I felt---and how the experience led to greater psychosis---which I tried to forget with drugs and alcohol, and many other mentally ill actions for years. 

Today, I know that allowing someone else to sodomize me out of feelings of poor self image, low self esteem and a desire to feel attractive and lovable, was abnormal and ungodly!



Having experienced the confusion and shame of homosexuality myself, I know whole heartedly today that homosexuality is mental illness---no matter what society and the advocates who try to justify homosexuality say.

It has been the Grace of God and the experiences of my life that has shaped me and allowed me to minister to others with compassion, mercy, sympathy and empathy.

All I can do is NOT deny Christ and the Truth of God's Word when situations arise, and when the Lord puts people in my path---that is what it means to be socially responsible.



Taking a compassionate stand for the Truth of God's Word does not mean that we are against Civil Liberties. God gave all people FREE WILL to choose Him and His statutes or not. But remember that there are consequences to living on self will run riot and E.G.O. (Edging God Out of society and our lives).

The answer to solving the mass number of suicides and people affected with HIV and AIDS, was not to make homosexuality socially acceptable, but rather to treat it as mental illness. By applying counseling to help people realize their need to feel validated by someone else, or their mistake of confusing intimacy with sex, we can minister to people without being perceived as "Bible Thumpers" and "Jesus Freaks."


The United Nation's Faith and Globalization Initiative and Tony Blair Faith Foundation seeks to marginalize all religions, but Christianity, the Holy Bible and God's statutes, are not a religion.

As promised in my last post, I have been inspired by the Holy Spirit to share more on right living (righteousness) to put on an offense against the wiles of the devil. 

We are in a Spiritual War against the principles of darkness.

Ephesians 6:12 (NKJV)
12 "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness 
in the heavenly places."

If you read my last post, or Genesis 6, you will understand how far back demonic possession and sexual immorality dates. You will also understand how mental illness has been perpetuated by the New World Order. 

Now that I have connected most of the dots of evil throughout history and the Apostasy, my job as an evangelist is to help set the captives free and lead them away from the ways of this world---the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh and the pride of life, to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and God's Word!


1 John 2:16-17 (NIV)

16 "For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. 17 The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever."

We cannot profess to be Christians and disciples of Jesus, and then rationalize, justify and compromise God's Word.


John 8:31-32 (NKJV)

The Truth Shall Make You Free

31 'Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”'



In order to know the Truth, we must develop our personal relationship with God's Word by studying the Holy Bible. Studying God's Word convicts us to not only talk-the-talk, but also keeps us on our toes to walk-the-walk and not be ashamed.


2 Timothy 2:15 (NKJV)
15 "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, 
rightly dividing the word of truth."

Please get into a Bible-based church, where you can be edified, worship God and fellowship with other Christians who are compassionate, sympathetic, empathetic and realistic about leading others to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.


Hebrews 10:24-25 (NIV)
24 "And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching."

Godspeed, love and peace,

Brother Johnson, XU


No comments: