Stay Away from Indoctrination and Dogma

"As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming;" (Ephesians 4:14 NASB).

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Why I was baptized a third time in a Bible-based church!



Jesus' Adult Baptism

Luke 3:21-23: “One day when the crowds were being baptized, Jesus himself was baptized. As he was praying, the heavens opened, 22 and the Holy Spirit, in bodily form, descended on him like a dove. And a voice from heaven said, “You are my dearly loved Son, and you bring me great joy.” “Jesus was about thirty years old when he began his public ministry. Jesus was known as the son of Joseph. Joseph was the son of Heli” (Luke 3:21-23).

One baptism of theNicene Creeddoes not forgive sin. Belief, Repentance and God’s grace forgives us!  

Acts 2:38 and Acts 19:1-5, informs us that people were baptized after they came to believe in Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, so is it possible for an infant that is baptized to believe?

Although most priests baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, some ministers baptize in the name of Jesus Christ. The apostles knew that manifestations of the Almighty Spirit and His body after Pentecost—and the many titles of God, the Father and Son...Baptizing by Matthew 28:19 or Acts 2:38, should not create divisions in the church—the body of Christ.


I was baptized on All Soul’s Day in 1969 as a 2 year old

The Roman Catholic Church teaches that infant baptism forgives original sin and all future sins and initiates the child into the Catholic Church. In the Roman Catholic Church, the sacrament of Confirmation is the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA—Catechism Section 1232). However, any person can become a Christian without joining a church, and without prerequisites—and without an anointing from a bishop or priest to qualify or deny them! No one can control your right to receive Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.


When I left the Roman Catholic Church in 2009, I joined a Pentecostal church and was baptized. At the time, I still believed that baptism is what made me a member of a church. 

It is not Catholic bashing to state that the RCC does not teach parishioners to read the Bible for themselves to get a personal relationship with God and His Word—the Pope has the final word on the Holy Bible. But 2 Peter 1:20 teaches that the proclamation of God’s Word does not come from private interpretation. The apostle Paul said,


2 Corinthians 11:3-4 (NIV)

3 "But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 4 For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough."


Jesus said, “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you,” (John 14:26).


After you believe, repent and are baptized again or for the first time of a mature, sole decision made of your own accord, the Bible and Holy Spirit will guide you more to know the Truth of God's holy grace, love and the simplicity of Christ.

I was baptized a third time in a non-denominational Bible-based church, after I declared my faith as a Christian before the assembly of believers in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.


Ezekiel 36:25-27 (NIV)

25 "I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws."


In the Hebrew religion, Bar Mitzvah and Bat Mitzvah are Jewish coming of age rituals. While this literally translates to "son of commandment" or "daughter of commandment", the rabbinical phrase "bar" means here "under the category of" or "subject to", making "Bar Mitzvah" translate to "an [agent] who is subject to the law". According to Jewish law, when Jewish boys become 13, they become accountable for their actions and become a Bar Mitzvah. Traditionally, a Bat Mitzvah occurs when Jewish girls become 12, and it means the same as it does for boys. In addition to being considered accountable for their actions from a religious perspective, B'nai mitzvah may be counted towards a minyan (prayer quorum) and may lead prayer and other religious services in the family and the community. The age of B'nai Mitzvah was selected because it roughly coincides with physical puberty. Prior to a child reaching Bar or Bat Mitzvah, the child's parents hold the responsibility for the child's actions. After this age, children bear their own responsibility for Jewish ritual law, tradition, and ethics and are able to participate in all areas of Jewish community life. 

In our Christian religion, I believe a boy or girl ages 12 or older are of the proper age to make a sole decision to be believe in Jesus Christ as their personal Savior, repent of original sin and the sins of their youth and become born again---by choosing to be baptized for the first time, or baptized again of their own choice.

Age 12 is the perfect age for a child to start to take responsibility for their actions and continued faith.
 



If you have not formally accepted Jesus Christ, please accept the Gift of Salvation by saying this short prayer:


"Dear Jesus, I repent of my sins and the original sin of mankind, please come into my heart and change me to trust in you and build my personal relationship with you by studying your word and applying it to my life to the best of my ability.
Thank you for dying on the cross for the remission of sin.
Thank you for conquering death with your resurrection.
I accept you Jesus as my Lord and Savior, please lead me and guide me. Amen!
"


If you have said that short prayer, I welcome you to the True Body of Christ (not a sect or religious denomination). 

Please get into a Bible-based church where the Word of God is taught unadulterated and reject the Tradition(s) of men. Pray, meditate upon God's Word and trust Jesus that He will guide you with His Spirit.


Hebrews 10:25 (NLT) 

"And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near."


John 8:31-32 (ESV) 

The Truth Will Set You Free

"31 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”


Once you know you have found the simplicity of a sole relationship with Jesus Christ, you may be inspired to teach others (Matthew 28:19-20 KJV).


2 Timothy 3:16 (NIV)

16 “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,”


Godspeed, Truth and Love,

Brother David Johnson, XU

No comments: